Sunday 10 July 2011

Sunday, Sunday...

Hmmm, interesting morning. John toddled off west to visit his parents, so I had time to myself. I wanted some more compost to went off to Homebase as I still had some cash on a gift card. Before I went in I thought I'd check out online how B&Q prices compared and they were cheaper by £1 and the pack was 125 litres as opposed to 120. Anyway I bought one pack in Homebase with what was left on the card, then off I went to B&Q.

Got there, found out that each pack was priced up at a pound dearer. So I asked why at the customer services desk. I was given short shrift and told that it was an online price only, I argued that it did not state that on the website and that I could reserve and collect at that very store for the cheaper price. I was then told that if I did that I would be charged the higher price. I walked away, off to the garden centre and sat down on a garden bench and went online on my phone, registered, logged in and reserved 4 bags for the cheaper price to be picked up tomorrow. I was enraged at how, as a cutomer, I had been treated. Anyway I walked out, and have since found out I don't need the compost now, so I won't be picking it up.

My instructor popped over with the training funding forms all filled in for me to send off, so that was a bonus (and something for me to do tomorrow) and I'm booked in for Thursday for my assessment lesson. I'm quite looking forward to it. Looking at the form he filled in he is aiming for me to have passed all 3 parts and be qualified by the end of the year. Now that is scary!

When John came home he decided to try and get stuck in to getting the new flower bed sorted. So digging over, compost, manure and planting we ended up with this


I've chosen plants that are evergreen and of different colours so that when winter comes, there's still colour and interest in the garden. I now need to sort out the weed fabric ready for the golden gravel what will mulch all around the planting. Then the bed will be finished! So the main chunk of the garden now looks like this


The lawn needs mowing, I might give it a bash tomorrow. The only other things to do is finish the final row of paving in front of the shed, frame up and cover over the old brick wall between the decks and put a garden path in. Still quite a bit to do, but we will get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment