Wednesday 20 July 2011

Laydees wot lunch

Had a good morning in aqua class, really enjoyed it, rushed home to dry my hair off and get changed before driving to Cardiff to meet some of the girls I used to work with for lunch. It was great to see them and have a catch up. Seems like I made the right choice to leave when I did as things have gone from bad to worse there for one reason or another. The atmosphere has changed so I'm told, and it's not for the better. Anyway talk of work soon faded and we had a lovely time, I even had a birthday card signed by everyone which I wasn't expecting. Julie gave me a fabulous Simon's cat card, some roses and in the card was a lotto scratch card, I won £2 on it! It was a shame that lunch had to come to an end really, but we've promised to meet up again soon.

After lunch I toddled over to Ikea to buy a towel ring for the bathroom then came home to find John already there after his interview at another school for the IT manager post. They said that they'd phone everyone with the decision after 4pm, still no phone call so I expect it will be tomorrow now. I so want him to get this job, it will be a great challenge for him, look fab on his CV and its a payrise, which can't be bad. My fingers are still firmly crossed.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting my mate Jude in the morning for some retail therapy in Cardiff, then we are meeting our other friend Donna for another laydees wot lunch session. I'm quite liking this lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment