Saturday 2 July 2011

Fast and productive!

What a difference a day makes! I've had a few back twinges but I've been largely ok today. It's been a lovely sunny day so we decided to see if we could finish the lower flower bed off, and we did! I'm so pleased with the outcome, it's so neat and a world away from how it used to look. Husband (John) had to buy some wood for the fence at the top of the bed just to finish it off, so he attached it and I painted it to match the rest. We also put in a large heavy plank at the bottom of the bed to retain the gravel, which I also painted to match everything else.

A bag of compost was sprinkled and forked in and weed supressant fabric placed over the whole area ready to plant in the lavender. Once the plants were in then John started shoveling gravel on top so it looked like this.

Half a ton of gravel later and a good hose down to clean up we ended up with this.


I think it's such an improvement on what was there and it really makes the space look bigger, I can't wait for the lavenders to take root and flower so the bees can visit. Anyway to put it all into context, here are the before and after pix.


So a productive day was had by all and the flower bed is finished, Tahdah! We were both filthy dirty and in desperate need of a shower afterwards, we will probably be the same tomorrow when we make a start on the other flower bed. I'm so pleased though, I could grin for the rest of the day.

Now then, dinner....... Sausage, mash and baked beans, I'm starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment