Saturday 16 July 2011

Garden and bathroom doings, plus.....

Bad day for back ache, great day for garden and bathroom progress!

I woke up with a really bad aching back and knee, not a good start. It was raining outside and looking pretty grim. John had invited a local plumber around to price up ripping out the old and fitting in a new bathroom for us. He measured up, we told him what we wanted, he said he would email us with his quote. We told him we had the bathroom on order and needed a couple of weeks notice for them to deliver, he was happy with that. All good stuff.

So the rain eventually gave up and some blue sky and sunshine turned up around lunchtime, John was determined to finish off the flower bed we started in the garden. It needed the weed fabric laying and gravel on top. So in blustery wind we put the fabric down and ran out with about a metre to go, I had to go out to buy more. John made a start in bringing the gravel up from the drive to the garden and into the bed. I got back with more fabric and he continued tipping gravel in whilst I raked it out. This was work in progress.


After a load more gravel (a ton in total) and a lot more raking and arranging, we finished. I placed 3 ornamental balls in the gravel to finish it off and we ended up with this.


I'm really pleased with the outcome and its a huge tick off the garden to do list. The lawn is in desperate need of mowing and it really shows against this neat flower bed now!

Part two of the great day was the quote we had from the plumber for the bathroom work, very favourable compared to previous quotes we've had, so we were going to tell him the job was his if he wanted it. We needed to sort out delivery (and payment) first, so headed off to the bathroom shop. We paid up and they said they would deliver on 26th July which was great. Woo hoo! We were on the way to realising an actual new bathroom. John emailed the plumber, telling him of the delivery date and he can work around that and hopes to take a couple of days to rip out and take the wall down, then a week to fit it all out. We shall have a new bathroom before we go away on holidays. Oooh, this has been months in the planning and I seriously cannot wait to take my first shower in there! The only things we needed to sort out was buying the towel radiator and floor and feature wall tiles. I've ordered the towel radiator and valves from a place in North Wales, and tomorrow we shall toddle off to the tile shop to buy the tiles we need.

Now then, as an added extra to the day, my plus is.......... I've registered for another Photomarathon! Yay, I had a fabulous day doing the Cardiff Photomarathon in June and an online friend sent me a link to one that's being set up in Newport on 28th August www.newportphotomarathon.com I'm available, it's for a good cause as the proceeds are going to the Cystic Fibrosis charity and hey, it'll be a great day! I'm really looking forward to it and what a bonus to end my great day on.

No comments:

Post a Comment