Sunday 17 July 2011

Egyptian cotton...

Oh yes, in my quest for the perfect bathroom today I bought some lovely Egyptian cotton towels.

But before that we went to the tile shop to buy our tiles for the floor and feature wall in the bathroom. The original floor tiles we liked came in at nearly £600. Eek! So as much as we liked them we were not prepared to spend that much money on floor tiles even though they matched the bathroom cabinetry. Instead we found some HUGE matt black porcelain tiles which were just the ticket and less than half the price. The original wall tiles we liked for the feature wall I decided I'd gone off the idea of as they were too metallic and not black enough. I also thought that the pattern might date the room so we opted for plain black matt rectagular tiles. The floor and wall tiles came in at £100 less than just the original floor tiles, I was much happier with that, and thought black plain tiles would be great against the white patterned tiles we bought for the other 3 walls. The white tiles look like this.


So I thought that they could look busy enough without a contrasting pattern on the other wall. Anyway the tiles are being ordered and will be ready on Thursday to pick up.

Then, onto the towels! As the bathroom will be black and white with dark wood cabinetry, silver blinds and chrome fixtures, I needed a splash of colour with the towels. I dont really go for the matching towel set look when everything is the same colour, I prefer different colours that compliment each other. We already have two oversized bath sheets in lime and lavender so I thought I needed different colours that would compliment them. I ended up with these.


They are really lovely, I love the colours and they're so fluffy! I also bought a chrome shower tidy to put the shampoos and shower gel bottles in. I'm already living it and in my mind I'm in the new bathroom, soaking up the atmosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment