Thursday 14 July 2011

Catch up, lunch and driving

A good day, a very good day. First thing was picking my mate and her hubby up from Bristol airport. They left their car at ours and I picked them up in it so they could drive back home themselves. As a thank you they very kindly paid for lunch for me at the rather lovely Chandlery restaurant in town, which I've been eager to try out for a while. It was delish! Goats cheese bruschetta, pork and black pudding mousse with potato champ on braised cabbage, and finally rice pudding with mango sorbet. Oooh it was lovely, and we had a lovely catch up with all sorts of gossip!

Then the next highlight was my driving assessment, which didn't go as badly as I thought and left me with lots to think about and a few tips as to how things work these days. Times have changed and there are certainly different ways of driving compared to how I was taught 21 years ago! So after that, speaking with my instructor, who said he would offer me a job if I passed and speaking on the phone to another instructor in Cardiff who insisted there was a great market out there for female instructors and even more so for those willing to teach people on Automatics, I will compose my email to the training funding people with my case put forward to justify them stumping up the cash. I feel less despondent now and much more positive about it all. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment