Sunday 24 July 2011

A lunch, a birthday and a bathroom

I've missed a couple of days blogging but it's been busy. Friday John had the day off and we went out for lunch together (my third lunch out in a row!) we had a lovely time and it was great to spend a bit of quality time together for a change.

Yesterday it was my 38th birthday, as ever I'm a grumpy old moo and didn't want a fuss made. John went out with his brother to a record fair and I had a delightful time pottering around in the garden. I did some weeding, tidied up the edges of the lawn and lopped some low branches off our weeping silver birch. Then I sat on the lounger in the sunshine, it was bliss! John came home mid afternoon and after a refreshing shower and change of clothes he took me out for a birthday meal to a lovely local Italian restaurant. The food was delicious and 2 1/2 hours later we were full, content and on our way home to chill out. I'd had a lovely fuss free birthday and I went to bed a happy bunny.

Today, we received an email from our plumber who we've employed to re-fit the bathroom and he said that he plans to start tomorrow! Ripping out the old fittings, taking down the wall between the WC and the bathroom and taking all the tiles off the walls. The bathroom fittings are being delivered on Tuesday, we picked the floor tiles and feature wall tiles up and bought tile adhesive and grout today, so now we have everything we need. I plan to take pix of progress as it goes along.

Finally, as the weather was nice today we decided to paint the dining room flat roof with weather proof sealer, we don't plan to knock it down and rebuild until next year so we have to make good to last us through the winter until we decide what we are going to do with it. There's enough stuff going on with the house this year to keep us occupied without sorting out demolishing and rebuilding the dining room. That's for another day!

So tomorrow its all go, here's to a spanky danky new bathroom which I'm so going to enjoy using, instead of the bathroom and WC we currently have that I won't go near!

No comments:

Post a Comment