Friday 1 July 2011

Slow and unproductive.

That's what I feel today has been. I don't seem to have done very much, my back pain has a lot to do with it but I try to carry on anyway, because I feel if I stop I might never start going again! It. Will. Not. Get. Me. Down.

So my day went something like this:
* Woke up around 8am
* Phoned to see if my aqua class was running today, it wasn't
* Phoned Vets to see if I could book my boy Guinness the cat in for his annual jabs
* Had breakfast
* Pfaffed around for an hour filling in forms for training
* Took Guinness to the Vets, all ok!
* Went to pick up prescription form Pharmacy
* Bought some vest tops and a couple of pairs of pumps from George
* Got home and flaked out
* Cooked dinner and ate it
* Watered the gardens, which totally finished my back off.

Rawk an' Roll eh?! I feel totally deflated and useless really as I've not managed to be productive whatsoever today. Maybe I'm expecting too much of myself.

Anyway, onwards and upwards! Tomorrow is gardening day with husband, we will finish off the lower flower bed which will be great and make a huge difference to the patio area. Will take it slowly though as his back isn't much better than mine. I'll be glad once we have finished this garden makeover, so we can give ourselves a rest and take time out to sit out in the garden and enjoy the fruits of our labours.

Talking about giving ourselves a rest, we have finally talked about and made a decision on actually booking a holiday. I'm toddling off to the travel agents on Monday to see if I can book us a week or 10 days somewhere warm where we can chill out. I quite fancy Portugal or maybe a trip back to Menorca. I'll see what's on offer for Mid August. We have also decided to plan ahead (for once!) and use our timeshare two weeks we have banked for exchange and see if we can organise a week in San Fransisco and a week in Las Vegas for next year. So I finally have something to organise, yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment