Wednesday 13 July 2011

Feeling deflated

The day started off quite well, I went to aqua class, bought some salad for lunch, then popped my repeat prescription in to the doctors, posted a letter and went to the Post Office to post Johns job application to a new school. All seemed well. Then the post arrived and in it was a letter from the training funding bods, saying I have to jump through hoops before they will fund my ADI course and if I wanted to change my mind and follow another career path they'd prefer if I did that instead. I have to prove I've done market research to make sure there is a need for driving instructors in my area (my reasoning is the need for female instructors). I have to complete all 3 parts of the course within a year and they seem to think that I won't (my instructor and I want this done and dusted by the end of this year so 6 months tops), and they ask that my instructor is in agreement with being paid after all the training is completed and not before (which he is). So I felt deflated.

I've spoken to one national driving school regarding the need for female instructors, and they state there is a need. My instructor also said there is a need for more females as only 10% of instructors are female. So I phoned two local driving schools today for info. One has to get back to me as I left a message, the other was helpful in saying they have 12 instructors and 2 are female. They said there is a need for more female instructors but like any other business, things are slow due to the recession, but things are picking up. Anyway, I still feel deflated. I wonder if it's worth it at all, trying to qualify and set up a business.

My mind then started to wander, and I had thoughts of buying a little property and renting it out, seeing what being a landlord is like. I had all sorts of ideas going on in my head, I even looked on Rightmove at properties and what rental values are. I'd love a project to get my teeth stuck into. Argh! what to do? I really am wondering what to do for the best, I don't want to work in an office, please don't make me do that again. I'm in turmoil and maybe need to do more research into things. I hate uncertainty and I hate doubting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment