Monday 27 June 2011

Started well, didn't really go anywhere.

Hmmm, it's only 11am and I've been stopped in my tracks. I was up at 6.30, trotted off to the doctors at about 7.50 to find myself in a queue stretching up the road, luckily I had a booked appt with the nurse, the majority of people were there for open surgery and I guess would have had quite a wait. Anyway, medical stuff done, I came home for breakfast, a nice bowl of fruit salad whilst sat on the garden swing in the morning sunshine. Perfect for getting my garden planning head on. So after breakfast I decided to pop to B&Q to see what prices their lavenders were, as it happened they were on offer at 3 for £12 which compared to other places at £6 or £7 each was quite a bargain, so I bought 6 to plant in the bottom flower bed that was dug out yesterday.

I also spotted a rather nice hardwood table and chairs for two which would be perfect for the top deck, I was unsure if the box would fit in my Smart car, but I'm going to go back later to buy it. I was on a roll now and decided to pop over to the builders merchants and order a couple of tons of gravel for mulching in the garden. So two 1 ton bags of Solent Gold chippings ordered to be delivered tomorrow, or possibly today if they have time. Whilst in the builders merchants I received a phone call from my husband who told me he had done his back in in work getting out of a chair and was in agony, looks like I'll be the one shovelling chippings from the drive to the garden then. Great timing, but I hope he's ok.

By the time I got back home the sunshine had disappeared under clouds and it looked like rain was on the way :o( I wasn't a happy bunny. I wanted to set to with more fence painting to finish it off, and maybe making a start on digging out the new flower bed in front of the deck. I'm looking out of the window now and it's picking with rain, not good. So after a swift start everything seems to have ground to a halt. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment