Friday 24 June 2011

Blimey! this is new, what am I starting?!

Whilst sat in my garden earlier I thought maybe I'd like to document my 'retirement' and all the fun (read mundane) things I'm going to get up to now I'm jobless. It's been a week since I left the Civil Service for good, taking voluntary exit. So blogging, that's what came into my mind, it's the unknown for me, never tried it before and didn't really know where to start. Anyway after some searching on the intertubes, here I am, all set up and writing my first post. I'm the new girl, the one who has no idea what to do, so please bear with me!

My master plan is to retrain as a driving instructor and set up my own driving school. All well and good you may think, but it's terrifying and totally out of my comfort zone having never been self employed there will be a lot to learn, and not just the instructor training! So thats part one of my laydee of leisure time, doing something that will hopefully turn me from a laydee of leisure to a self employed professional!

Part two is sorting out aspects of my house I want to change, like the garden (ongoing project!) the bathroom, the fireplace in the living room, re-carpetting the stairs and landing, painting the outside of the house, replacing the facias, soffits and guttering..... Yes there's lots to do and I'm going to bore you (and me) silly with it all!

Part 3 is basically everything else, my day to day life, my exercise classes, my physio appts, my thoughts on life in general and hopefully my meeting up with freinds from time to time to share some good social catchup time. Could be boring but could also be devastatingly interesting!

So I've made a start, this is post numero uno, which will be the start of a journey that I have no idea where it will end or take me. Welcome to my life, my thoughts, my ups and downs. Welcome to the life of a laydee of leisure!

No comments:

Post a Comment