Monday 27 June 2011

I can't be bored already...

...surely not?! Due to rain stopping me getting on with garden stuff, I sat down and watched some of the Andy Murray 4th round Wimbledon match today, then I realised I was getting bored, not with the match but generally. I was scrambling my brain for something to do, it scared me a bit I have to be honest. It's only been a flippin' week!

Anyway after pondering what to do, as I felt just sitting down watching the tennis was somehow wasting time, even though in reality I have all the time in the world, then my gravel order arrived from the builders merchants, so that killed about 15 minutes. I finally decided to go and buy more fence paint in readiness for dry weather and of all things, a butter dish. I've always wanted one and now I have a lovely spotty butter dish so my butter won't be rock hard any more. Maybe now my butter will be soft I can crack open my new Kenwood Chef and use it to bake something, I've had it about 6 weeks now and it's still in its box.

I have no idea how people can just sit on their backsides all day doing nothing, its mind numbingly boring and you have nothing to show for it, what a waste of time/a day/your life. Being a laydee of leisure isn't all it's cracked up to be I reckon. There's nothing really needs doing in the house other than big things like the bathroom refit or things I can't do. Maybe I need to go around the house with a notepad and pen and really scrutinise everything, make a list, then make a start on doing teeny tiny jobs. Maybe I need to have a massive clearout and spring clean, although after the massive clearout prior to moving here, there's not much to get rid of. Lists, I love lists and think I need to get something down on paper so I can see what things I can do to fill my time.

There's lots of nice hobby type things I can do like photography or crafting, I do want to make a start on scrapbooking at some point, but if I do things like that I feel I'm wasting my time on frivolity and not making the most of the fact I'm at home. I feel like I should be doing things for the home rather than for me. I know it sounds stupid but it's ingrained in me I think, weekdays was work and weekends was doing stuff for the house. Now the weekdays are free I feel duty bound to do stuff for the house to free up our weekends for nice stuff. Maybe I feel guilty for being home and not in work. I'll think about it some more tomorrow, after all I've got nothing else to do have I?

No comments:

Post a Comment