Wednesday 24 August 2011

Home from Holibobs!

Well I'm rested and relaxed after 10 days in Cala D'or Majorca. We did....well.... not a lot really! Chilling out, reading, going for walks and generally watching the world go by in a nice pub by the marina where there were a lot of mind numbingly expensive boats! It was teetering on high 30's most of the time and got as high as 40 degrees C, blisteringly hot and humid too, not much of a breeze to cool things down. The hotel was fab, all adults, no children and peace and quiet, bliss!

We landed in Bristol yesterday around lunchtime and scooted off to pick the kitties up from their cattery holiday, they were very pleased to see us and miaowed all the way home. Then it was check the house out, and the new boiler all fitted and working well. We had to put back the washing machine and plumb it in so we could crack on with washing holiday clothes. The fridge was bereft of food so a quick list jotted down and a trip to the supermarket sorted that out. All was good. I toddled off to aqua class at 6pm for a workout and really enjoyed it.

Last night around half past midnight I was woken by John being violently sick in the bathroom, then the stomach pains started and so did the diarrhoea. I've never seen him look so ill. He was green, clammy, sweating cold and hot, itching and generally delirious. He collapsed on the floor and couldn't get up. I couldn't lift him up and he had no energy to get up himself, I was really worried and did consider calling an ambulance at one point. I finally managed to get some water water down him and he kept it down, no longer feeling sick. Once he had spent a considerable time on the loo, I got him to take some tablets to stop things happening and got him to drink lots more water. Eventually I got him back into bed and I managed to get to sleep around 2.30am. This morning he was aching all around his stomach muscles, probably from retching last night. A glass of Dioralyte and two pieces of toast later and he seemd to be ok. No idea what caused it, we had eaten and drunk the same things for more than 24 hours previously and I was ok. Anyway, he is on the mend which is the main thing.

Today was little DIY jobs around the house day. Lots of small things like sanding down filler and painting and touching up to do after 3 weeks of having the bathroom fitted, some of the house was looking worse for wear decor wise We also had lots of things to hang in the bathroom which required drilling etc. We did quite a lot actually and I'm really pleased with progress, still lots to do though!

To end the day I'm currently addicted to a Maroon 5 song, Moves Like Jagger. Lea Desmond, you are to blame for this! I love Maroon 5 to death anyway and seeing them live a couple of years ago was fabulous, she intoduced me to their new song and now I have it on repeat play, I cannot get enough of it.......

I'm happy!

1 comment: