Monday 1 August 2011

Flitting like a butterfly and cacking my pants

I managed to have a lovely lay in bed this morning for the first time in over a week. I stayed in bed until, wait for it....... 8.30am! Yes, it was rather delicious not having to get up at 7am ready for the chaps to arrive, today it was electrician only and he wasnt arriving until 3pm. I did, however have a few things to do mainly bathroom related.

First thing was a trip to the DIY shop to buy white bathroom paint in readiness to paint the new ceiling once it's up and the plaster has dried. I then flitted into town as I needed to buy my Highway Code to read up on before my lesson on Thursday, I was distracted by the top 50 novels and the offer they had on buy 1 get one for a quid, so I bought two chic lits for holiday reading the week after next. I finally made it to the section that had the Highway Code.... £2.50!......Two pounds bloody fifty! I remember when it was 20p.... ok I'm showing my age but that's one hell of a price hike. Anyway I bought it, because I had to. I started flicking though it and it scared me, I've forgotten so much argh! Cacking my pants is an understatement.

Whilst in town I popped into a shop and thought I'd get myself a cheap pair of sunglasses for holidays, I had a total bargain, they were £5, reduced to £2.50 and when I got to the till they rang up for a quid, kerching! I then treated myself to some pain, eyebrow threading to be exact. It's been ages since I've had them threaded and shaped, so again, all in the holiday cause, I was threaded to within an inch of my life, but I now have fabulous eyebrows. She asked if I wanted my upper lip done as well, I was taken aback, surely I'm not that hairy? I looked in the mirror, no I'm not that hairy, I am a bit hairy but its fine and fair. I politely said no thanks, whilst quietly seething.

After that, back out of town to a builders supplier to exchange the thermostat John bought for the underfloor heating as it was the wrong one, old one taken back, new one purchased, sorted. Homeward bound ready for the electrician to arrive. He was a bit early (bonus!) and managed to get the wiring done in half an hour, he then went on to install a new fuse box (an extra we asked him to do as it needed updating). So all done, electrics sorted YAY!

Tomorrow its tiling and new ceiling, which should prove most interesting. One thing I do know, I need to get more tea bags in, they drink gallons of the stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment